1. What is Design?
It is the process of envisioning and planning the creation of objects, spaces, interactive systems, etc. It is user-centered, i.e. users are at the heart of the design thinking approach. It is about creating solutions for people, physical items or more abstract systems to address a need or a problem.
2. What are the different disciplines offered at JKLU’s Institute of Design?
JKLU offers B.Des. in Product Design, Interdisciplinary Design, Interaction Design and Integrated Communication Design and M.Des in Product Design and Interaction Design.
3. What are the prospective pathways after doing this course?
Design is a all encompassing field that encourages cross disciplinary work. Graduates find opportunities with leading companies and start ups or start their own studios or design practice. Some graduates work as freelancers while many pursue a career in design academia. For more information read about our placements on….
4. What is the education approach taken in various disciplines?
Design education is a holistic blend of various methods of learning. It includes rigorous coursework and studio practice. Largely the design pedagogies at JKLU is focused on ‘Learning by Doing’ methodology. Institute of design at JKLU also places heavy emphasis on peer to peer learning and empathetic and experiential learning.
5. What is the duration of the courses?
6. Are there any online/offline short courses available?
1. What is the selection process in the program?
Merit-based assessment of candidates, focusing on attitude and aptitude, to help them benefit from the unique learning experience at JKLU.
2. When does the registration for admissions start?
3. I am appearing for Class 12th exams, Would I be able to register without uploading a certificate?
4. Can I apply for more than one disciplines at once?
5. I submitted my application by the application deadline. When can I expect to receive a decision from the office of Admissions?
Within 24 hrs you will a call and email for the further process
6. What is the registration fee and the fee structure?
7. Are there any scholarships provided by the university and what is its criteria?
8. Are there any relaxations offered during admission if I have excelled in extracurricular activities in school?
9. What is the refund policy of the institute?
10. How soon can I get my money back after I leave?
11. Can I refuse your offer?
12. What is the minimum cut-off in Class 10 and 12?
13. Is any particular stream required to pursue design
14. What will happen to my admission if I do not pass my 12th Standard examination?
1. What entrance tests are required/ accepted for the admissions?
The applicants are required to appear in one of the Design Entrance Tests from NID-DAT or UCEED. In case the student has not appeared for either, he/she must appear for JKLU-DET.
2. Are the interviews held offline or online?
3. What is expected to be seen in a portfolio?
A portfolio is a compilation of materials that exemplifies your beliefs, skills, and experiences. It provides insight into your personality and interests. You can showcase a wide range of projects you are passionate about.
1.Where is the campus located?
Address: Near Mahindra SEZ, Mahapura Ajmer Road, Jaipur – 302026, Rajasthan, India
2. What are the facilities provided on campus in terms of services to the students?
Mess, Cafteria, Health Centre, Shuttle service, Banking Services, Fitness Centre, Laundry and On-Campus Counseling Services
3. What are the extracurricular activities available for the students?
Dull moments are rare at JKLU as a wide range of interests and activities await participation in the activity clubs managed by student groups from all across the campus. – https://www.jklu.edu.in/life-at-jklu/
4.Are there any campus visits conducted?
Yes, campus visits are regularly hosted. Please call your JKLU counselor or email on email@example.com to book a campus visit
1.Is there any hostel accommodation available for the students?
Yes, there is a fully functional hostel facility, separate for males and females. The hostels are equipped with latest amenities such as air conditioners, pantries, common rooms and more.
2. Are there any bus services available for the local students?
Yes, there is are busses running at various routes bringing students to the campus. There is also a free of cost shuttle service available to all students to travel to the city from campus and back.